Letchworth Garden City Eagles YFC is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, May 2018. Information about our committee, coaches, managers, assistants, administrators, players, parents and other individuals will only be processed in line with established regulations. Personal data will be collected, recorded and used fairly, stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully. As the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operations and to maintaining confidence, Letchworth Garden City Eagles YFC is committed to:
• protecting members’ personal details and records
• keeping candidates’ and other individuals’ personal data up to date and confidential
• maintaining personal data only for the time period required
• releasing personal data only to authorised individuals/parties such as leagues for registration purposes
• collecting accurate and relevant data only for specified lawful purposes
• adhering to regulations and related procedures to ensure that all committee members who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of Letchworth Garden City Eagles YFC are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Members are required to report any allegation in relation to the unlawful treatment of personal data by contacting the Chairman. A concern should be raised in the event that members feel that records of their personal data have been:
• obtained through unlawful disclosure or unauthorised access
• recorded inaccurately and/or in a misleading manner
• provided to a third party without permission.
Where required, Letchworth Garden City Eagles YFC will take appropriate action/corrective measures against unauthorised/unlawful processing, loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
When you register a player with Letchworth Garden City Eagles YFC the data held by us is kept securely on a membership system and will be used only for the purposes of the club and league registrations. When submitting your registration you are requested to consent to using the data in the registration form as stated below:
LGCEYFC uses this data to register the player(s) with the relevant leagues which includes passing on the players and parents personal data (including name, email, gender, photo, DOB, phone number) and for football related communications (non-commercial).
This data is also shared with authorised club officials who need it to communicate information about training and fixtures and for them to be able to contact parents/emergency contacts in the case of an emergency. Medical details (if provided) are also shared with team officials for awareness and in case of an emergency where this information may need to be passed on to medical staff.
Any additional information, such as proof of data of birth documents, when received, is attached securely to your membership record or you can also upload yourself through your dashboard if you do not wish to email them.
Once a player registration expires they are retained for 36 months and it is then automatically archived securely online in the same system for 10 years.
Only the club system administrator and the club Chairman have full access to this data. The manager/administrator of your team will have limited access to information required for matches such as contact info, medical details etc. Managers gain access by submitting a data protection statement to the system administrator.
YOUR RIGHTS & OPTING OUT
You may opt out of information about you or your child being shared and your record deleted at any point by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request what information is stored about you or your child by emailing:
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Any links to other websites on this website are outside of our control and are therefore not governed by this Policy. We are not responsible for the data protection or privacy policies of these websites and accept no responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or membership system, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on this website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Cookies on our website are used for a variety of different purposes, but aking their use breaks down into the following categories:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or membership system.
2. Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of users of our website and see how such users navigate through our website. This helps to improve how our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our website and make it easier for you to use. For example, such cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the website and asked to remain logged in to it.
You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your Internet browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
Please note, if you do turn cookies off, this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your user experience.
How do I get in touch with you, or your data protection officer?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com by writing to: Chairman, Letchworth Garden City Eagles Youth Football Club, Legends Lane, Baldock Road, Letchworth, SG6 2ER.